who we are
We believe no one should have to face a lifetime of poverty simply because of the zip code they were born into
inCOMMON alleviates poverty at a root level by uniting and strengthening vulnerable neighborhoods.
what we do
Children who grow up in poor neighborhoods are far more likely to become adults living in poverty
By building on neighbors’ strengths and empowering neighbors to work together to lead neighborhood change, inCOMMON is building strong and safe neighborhoods for future generations who might otherwise grow up under the detrimental conditions of poverty
Today’s neighbors are overcoming poverty through increased economic self-sufficiency
Tomorrow’s neighbors will have an opportunity to evade poverty altogether by growing up in a strong and vibrant environment.
We’re proud to have contributed to these outcomes alongside area residents and partners like you:
- Engagement of over 2,000 residents annually
- 300 participants active in programming annually
- Development of 75 quality, affordable housing units
- Installation of a soccer field
- Conversation of an empty lot into a pocket playground
- Regular beautification projects (public art, tree planting, cleanups, etc.)
- Creation of a comprehensive neighborhood plan